Monday, March 28, 2011

BOYZ II MEN
 ON BENDED KNEES



II is the second studio album by boy band Boyz II Men, released in August 1994 on Motown Records. It contained the #1 singles "I'll Make Love To You" and "On Bended Knee", the latter of which replaced the former at the top of the Billboard Hot 100, making the group the third artist to replace themselves at #1 in the US after Elvis Presley and The Beatles and the first to achieve the feat in 30 years.
"I'll Make Love to You" also spent 14 weeks at the top of the Hot 100 making them the first artist to achieve consecutive double digit runs at the top, with their prior single "End of the Road" topping the charts for 13 weeks and also equaled the record set by Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" for the longest run at the top, a record which they held previously with "End of the Road". Other singles released achieved major success, including "Water Runs Dry", which reached #2, and "Thank You", which reached #21. "Vibin'", however, only reached #52.
The spoken track produced by Tim & Bob "Khalil (Interlude)" is a tribute to their road managerKhalil Roundtree who was shot in Chicago, Illinois while the band was opening for MC Hammer'sToo Legit to Quit tour.

Reception

[hide] Professional ratings
Review scores
SourceRating
Allmusic4.5/5 stars[1]
Robert Christgau(2 star Honorable Mention)(2 star Honorable Mention)(3 star Honorable Mention)[2]
The album debuted at #1 in the Billboard 200 with 350,000 copies sold. It spent a total of 5 weeks at #1 and was the third best-selling album in 1995 in the United States and sold 12 million copies in the United States; it was a hugely successful album there.
It didn't make a huge impact in the UK, where it only made #17 on the albums chart. A Spanish language version, II: Yo Te Voy a Amar, was also issued. The album also won Best R&B Album at the 37th Grammy Awards.

[edit]Track listing

  1. "Thank You(Michael S. McCary, Nathan Morris, Wanya Morris, Shawn Stockman, Dallas Austin) – 4:34
  2. "All Around the World" (James Harris III, Terry Lewis, Michael S. McCary, Nathan Morris, Wanya Morris, Shawn Stockman, Daddy-O) – 4:56
  3. "U Know" (Michael S. McCary, Nathan Morris, Wanya Morris, Shawn Stockman, Tim Kelley, Bob Robinson)– 4:46
  4. "Vibin'" (Michael S. McCary, Nathan Morris, Wanya Morris, Shawn Stockman, Tim Kelley, Bob Robinson) – 4:26
  5. "I Sit Away" (Tony Rich) – 4:34
  6. "Jezzebel" (Wanya Morris, Shawn Stockman, The Characters: Troy Taylor & Charles Farrar) – 6:06
  7. "Khalil (Interlude)(Nathan Morris, Shawn Stockman Tim Kelley, Bob Robinson) – 1:41
  8. "Trying Times" (Wanya Morris, Tim Kelley, Bob Robinson) – 5:23
  9. "I'll Make Love to You(Babyface) – 4:07
  10. "On Bended Knee(James Harris III, Terry Lewis) – 5:29
  11. "50 Candles" (Shawn Stockman, Tim Kelley, Bob Robinson) – 5:06
  12. "Water Runs Dry(Babyface) – 3:22
  13. "Yesterday(Paul McCartney, John Lennon) – 3:07
  14. "Falling" (Brian McKnight & Brandon Barnes– 4:09

[edit]Charts

Chart (1994)↓Peak
position↓
Australian Albums Chart4
Dutch Albums Chart7
German Albums Chart18
New Zealand Albums Chart1
Swedish Albums Chart20
Swiss Albums Chart21
UK Albums Chart17[3]
U.S. Billboard 2001
U.S. Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums1

[edit]End of decade charts

Chart (1990-1999)↓Position↓
U.S. Billboard 200[4]13
Preceded by
The Lion King (soundtrack) by Various artists
From the Cradle by Eric Clapton
Monster by R.E.M.
The Hits by Garth Brooks
Billboard 200 number-one album
September 17–30, 1994
October 8–14, 1994
October 29 - November 4, 1994
March 11–17, 1995
Succeeded by
From the Cradle by Eric Clapton
Monster by R.E.M.
Murder Was the Case by Various artists
Greatest Hits by Bruce Springsteen

[edit]Release history

RegionDateLabelFormatCatalog
United StatesAugust 30, 1994Motown RecordsCassette, CD
United KingdomSeptember 12, 1994Motown RecordsCassette, CD

[edit]See also

[edit]References


BOYZ II MEN LYRICS
On Bended Knee Ringtone Send "On Bended Knee" Ringtone to your Cell On Bended Knee Ringtone


"On Bended Knee"

Darlin' I can't explain
Where did we lose our way
Girl it's drivin' me insane
And I know I just need one more chance
To prove my love to you
If you come back to me
I'll guarantee
That I'll never let you go

Can we go back to the days our love was strong
Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong
Can somebody tell me how to get things back
The way they use to be
Oh God give me a reason
I'm down on bended knee
I'll never walk again until you come back to me
I'm down on bended knee

So many nights I dream of you
Holding my pillow tight
I know I don't need to be alone
When I open up my eyes
To face reality
Every moment without you
It seems like eternity
I'm begging you, begging you come back to me

Can we go back to the days our love was strong
Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong
Can somebody tell me how to get things back
The way they use to be
Oh God give me a reason
I'm down on bended knee
I'll never walk again until you come back to me
I'm down on bended knee

Gonna swallow my pride
Say I'm sorry
Stop pointing fingers the blame is on me
I want a new life
And I want it with you
If you feel the same
Don't ever let it go
You gotta believe in the spirit of love
It can heal all things
We won't hurt any more
No I don't believe our love's terminal
I'm down on my knees begging you please
Come home

Can we go back to the days our love was strong
Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong
Can somebody tell me how to get things back
The way they use to be
Oh God give me a reason
I'm down on bended knee
I'll never walk again until you come back to me
I'm down on bended knee

Wanna build a new life
Just you and me
Gonna make you my wife
Raise a family


No comments:

Post a Comment